This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft® Windows Vista® and Windows® XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Take note of the following:
* THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver. * We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks. * Users who are looking for stable drivers should wait for the final release. When this happens, user should install the latest Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver available.
This download supports the following audio devices only:
Added Features: To find out if your audio device supports the following features in Windows XP, click here. For systems using Windows Vista
* Dolby® Digital and DTS® driver decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package). * DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only). Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player Beta software. Click here to download.
* Resolves issues of intermittent and random application/system crash when playing games or running applications that use EAX®, DirectSound®, OpenAL and/or ASIO features. * Resolves issue of volume mapping leading to very soft volume level in systems using Windows Vista with Service Pack 1. * Resolves issue with distortion and noise occuring in systems with 4 GB of RAM or greater.
* X-Fi CMSS®-3D feature is not available in Windows Vista 64-bit.
* Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Window XP MCE 2004 * Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above