Black Hole benchmark Download Version V4.2 Beta
Posted by: Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 01/23/2013 07:46 PM [ 18 comment(s) ]
Download the Black Hole benchmark (Beta). It tests the pure calculation speed of your cpu in double and integer (floating and integer). The bench has 3 tests, multithreaded 4 threaded and singlethreaded. Multithreaded will take all your threads to its max use, singlethreaded stresses 1 thread 100%
- integer pass split up in 2 calcs
- New 4 threaded test (the code automatically detects the physical cores to run it on, for example with a 6threaded cpu with 3 physical cores, it will run the physicals + 1 logical)
- better scaling in performance
- more advanced code
- supports up to systems with 34 threads
- and for sure, more representative
First Close ALL other programs.
- Download the app from the download in this thread
- Extract the exe
- Run the exe and press multithreaded test (the program can be stuck while running, just let it do his job for 1-5 min)
- When completed that, run the 4threaded test (will last 1-2 min)
- Run the last test, the singlethreaded test
- Then you get the final score
Other important information
- Only for windows from xp and up (recommended)
- You need at least .NET framework 2.1
- Only for 64 bit systems
- Ram speed and latency can affect the score pretty much
- At this moment it supports up to 34 threads!
- THIS IS A BETA: NO DATABASE CONNECTED AND NOT BUG-FREE!