AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (BETA 8.82.2)
Posted by: Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 01/20/2011 10:42 AM [ 0 comment(s) ]
AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (BETA 8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64
Update: we learned that Windows Vista users require a different install file, you can download that one here. Just insert it into the unpack directory and overwrite the old files.
AMD Radeon HD 6900 and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series:
- 3DMark Vantage improves ~7%
- 3DMark06 improves ~3%
- Call of Duty Black Ops improves ~20% at 4xMSAA and up to 35% at 8xMSAA
- Riddick Assault on Dark Athena SSAO performance improves ~20%
- Unigine Heaven OpenGL performance improves ~10% at moderate, 30% at normal and 100% at extreme tessellation levels
- Aliens vs. Predators improves ~9% at 2xMSAA and up to 20% at 4xMSAA
- Batman Arkham Asylum improves ~4%
- Crysis Warhead improves ~2-4%
- Metro 2033 improves ~28% at 4xMSAA
- Battleforge DirectX 11 performance improves as much as 6%
- The Catalyst Control Center includes an early prototype of some new tessellation controls. Our goal is to give users full control over the tessellation levels used in applications. The default selection AMD Optimized setting allows AMD, on a per application basis, to set the best level of tessellation. The intention is to help users get the maximum visual benefit of Tessellation, while minimizing the impact on performance. Currently no applications have been profiled, so the AMD Optimized setting will be non-operational until further notice.
- Use Application Settings option gives applications full control over the Tessellation level. Users can also manually set the maximum tessellation level used by applications with the slider control
- The long term goal for the AMD Optimized setting is to use the Catalyst Application Profile mechanism to control the AMD recommended level of tessellation on a per application basis. AMDs intention is to set the tessellation level such that we will not be reducing image quality in any way that would negatively impact the gaming experience.
Currently no applications have been profiled, so the AMD Optimized setting will be non-operational until further notice.