Zalman CNPS 9900 MAX review -
Specifications and Features
As stated, the CPU cooler follows in the footsteps of the older 9900 CNPS series, let's have a peek at the manufacturer's supplied specs and features of this cooler.
- Powerful Cooling Performance [Qmax: 300W] - Optimally designed pure copper fins effectively disperse heat away from the CPU via composite heatpipes, while the high capacity 135mm fan quickly cools the heatsink for stable operation of high performance CPUs. CNPS9900 MAX utilizes Composite heatpipe which is 50% more effective in transferring heat compared to ordinary heatpipes.
- Ultra Quiet 135mm Blue/Red LED Fan - An ultra quiet 135mm fan is incorporated for minimized noise. The Blue/Red LEDs heighten the cool aesthetics.
- Black-Pearl Nickel Plating - The entire copper heatsink of CNPS9900 MAX is Nickel Plated for long-term corrosion resistance, while the deep Black-Pearl tone along with the high intensity Blue/Red LEDs reinforce its powerful aesthetics.
- PWM Fan Speed Control - The PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Fan automatically adjusts fan speed (RPM) according to the CPU's temperature, while the included Resistor Cable (RC7P) provides the option of reducing the input voltage for overall reduction of fan speed and noise.
?¦ Quiet Mode (w/ RC7P): 900 - 1,500RPM / 18 - 27dBA ?}10%
?¦ Normal Mode: 900 - 1,700RPM / 18 - 30dBA ?}10%
- High Performance Super Thermal Grease ZM-STG2 - The included all new high performance thermal grease ZM-STG2 maximizes heat transfer from the CPU to the base of CNPS9900 MAX for intensified cooling performance.
Let's head onwards into the product gallery and installation.
We review the Zalman CNPS 9900 DF CPU cooler with Dual Fan. It's 2012 and Zalman is going strong on the concept and just when you think they can't change anything on that design ...
Zalman CNPS 12X review
The one that everybody remembers and still is going strong where the initial CNPS (Computer Noise Prevention System) CPU cooler, the copper somewhat rounded "butterfly" based coolers. That model has been the biggest success of all their coolers. Anno 2011 Zalman is still going strong on the concept and just when you think they can't change anything on that design they proof that a top notch new cooler based off that old design can still work out well and look gorgeous. The Zalman CNPS 12X comes with Zalmans heat transfer solution by utilizing composite heatpipe technology allowing a Q-Max of roughly 300W, along with a bigger design Zalman claims this cooler to be offering quiet operation and broad compatibility for Intel 2011/1156/1155/1366/775 & AMD AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2.
Zalman CNPS 9900 MAX review
Zalman decided to reintroduce the CNPS 9900 model one more time, slightly updated tagged with MAX.
Zalman CNPS 10X Quiet and Extreme review
Zalman recently released a new series of CNPS (Computer Noise Prevention System ) heatpipe based coolers. The new 10X coolers include five nice big heatpipes being cooled by a grotesque120mm fan. The PWM Fan comes with RPM Control which allows you to fine tune the cooler to your specific cooling requirements. And all that in a nice design and not too huge (in dimension) sized cooler. We will put two out of the three to the test namely the CNPS10X Extreme and CNPS10X Quiet. Both coolers impressed us a lot.