Thermalright Venomous-X review -
Ok then, the Thermalright Venomous-X CPU cooler. A bulky yet nice sized heatpipe based cooler, with six 6mm U-shaped pipes.
Something which we mentioned in the introduction already is the 'Pressure Vault Bracket', allowing you to decide how much pressure the cooler should have on top of that expensive processors of yours. According to Thermalright, adjustments can be made from 40-70 lbs of pressure to fit any CPU IHS for the best possible CPU contact. Certainly innovative, but here at Guru3D we say, always turn it as tight as acceptable please.
The Venomous-X CPU cooler comes with a pure copper base block, yet it's nickel plated for long term usage (Nickel prevents oxidation). The base of the Venomous-X is also slightly deformed. This design has been proven to increase performance of the heatsink by drawing away heat from the center of the CPU at an accelerated rate.
|Dimensions:||125 x 158 x 160 mm (L x W x H)|
|Weight:||755g (Heatsink only)|
|Heat pipes:||Six sintered 6mm heat pipes|
|Copper Base:||C1100 pure nickel plated copper base|
w/ ultra shine mirror finish
|Compatibility:||Intel Sockets LGA 775 / LGA 1156 / LGA 1366|
- All new patented multiple support pressure vault bracket system, allows users to add pressure to the bracket system (40~70 lbs.), and have a more efficient and secure mounting(1366 / 1156 / 775).
- Mirrored copper base increases the quality and the performance of the heatsink.
Special bent winglet design, allows hot air to pass through the heatsink more rapidly.
- Heatsink is all nickel plated to ensure the best quality and performance and could last for years.
- Soldered heatpipes, copper base and fins, to ensure the best thermal conducting efficiency.
- Six sintered heatpipe design, all heatpipes are nickel plated to slow the oxidation deterioration of the heatpipe, to ensure longer usage and performance of the heatsink for the cpu.
- Includes 2 sets of 120 x 25mm fan clips and Chill Factor II thermal paste.
- Convex copper base design, to ensure the Highest thermal conducting thermal efficiency between the CPU and the heatsink.
The Venomous-X CPU cooler will cost you roughly 60 EUR / $69.99 in e-tail, quite pricey alright, so is it worth it? Well, follow me into the photo shoot after which we'll start a nice overclocking session on one of our test rigs to see how well it's behaving.
We test and review the Thermalright HR-02 CPU cooler. Thermalright actually introduces this product as a passive CPU Cooler. The HR-02 is the second revision of the legacy Thermalright HR-01 cooler. We'll test it passively cooled yet we'll also pair it with Thermalright's TY-140 fan, a 1300 RPM fan that is silent, yet high performing. As stated, the results stunned me, this is really really good stuff.
Thermalright Venomous-X review
We review the Thermalright Venomous-X CPU cooler. A cooler with great looks, excellent performance and some very clever innovations. A cooler that is compatible with Intel LGA sockets 775, 1156, and 1366. The cooler is ready for the upcoming Nehalem Gulftown based processors (six-core) and also comes with something new, called the 'Pressure Vault Bracket', allowing you to decide how much pressure the cooler should have on top of that expensive processor of yours.