Thermalright HR-02 CPU cooler review -
Specifications and Features
As stated, the CPU cooler follows in the footsteps of the HR-01, let's have a peek at the manufacturer's supplied specs and features of this passive cooler which also has the ability to mount 120mm and 140mm fans.
- Size: Length 110mm x Width 140mm x Height 160mm
- Weight: 860g (excluding fan and bracket system)
- Heatpipe: 6mm sintered heatpipe *6 units
- Copper base: C1100 pure nickel plated copper base
- Patented multiple support pressure vault bracket system, allowing users to add pressure to the bracket system (40~70 lbs.), and have a more efficient and secure mounting (compatible with socket 1366/1156/775).
- Fanless design for low-noise operation
- Proprietary through holes on fins for efficient ventilation
- Heatsink is all nickel plated to ensure the best quality and performance and could last for years.
- Soldered heatpipes, copper base and fins, to ensure the best thermal conducting efficiency
- Six sintered heatpipe design, all heatpipes are nickel plated. To slow oxidation deterioration of the heatpipe, to ensure longer usage and performance of the heatsink for the cpu
- Including 120*25mm fan clips & 140*25mm fan clips and Chill Factor III thermal paste
- Convex copper base design, to ensure the highest thermal conducting thermal efficiency between the cpu and the heatsink
Thermalright claims that the HR-02 can handle the heat of an Intel Core i7 processor, whose TDP (thermal design power) can reach up to 130W, without needing any fans. They used six 6mm heatpipes and 32 aluminum fins to draw and dissipate heat.
Have a peek at the heatpipe based cooling, and then let's head onwards into the product gallery and installation.
We test and review the Thermalright HR-02 CPU cooler. Thermalright actually introduces this product as a passive CPU Cooler. The HR-02 is the second revision of the legacy Thermalright HR-01 cooler. We'll test it passively cooled yet we'll also pair it with Thermalright's TY-140 fan, a 1300 RPM fan that is silent, yet high performing. As stated, the results stunned me, this is really really good stuff.
Thermalright Venomous-X review
We review the Thermalright Venomous-X CPU cooler. A cooler with great looks, excellent performance and some very clever innovations. A cooler that is compatible with Intel LGA sockets 775, 1156, and 1366. The cooler is ready for the upcoming Nehalem Gulftown based processors (six-core) and also comes with something new, called the 'Pressure Vault Bracket', allowing you to decide how much pressure the cooler should have on top of that expensive processor of yours.