Samsung 840 Pro SSD review
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 12/12/2012 09:24 AM [ 35 comment(s) ]
PCMark Vantage 64-bit Trace testing
PCMark vantage has a very good test suite to benchmark storage performance. The software will look at tasks you normally perform with your PC and will try to measure what kind of an effect that has on your user experience by testing eight different segments, stressing the storage unit.
- TEST1 - Spyware is very common on systems without protection against it, letting Windows Defender scan & protect your system is recommended.
- TEST2 - Streaming data from an HDD in games allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action.
- TEST3 - Importing digital photos to Windows Photo Gallery is where a high performance HDD shines.
- TEST4 - Starting Windows Vista is a rather demanding task for the storage device, but a fast HDD will notably decrease the loading time.
The tests include a series of reads, writes and copies under a set of specific conditions and applications. Now first off, have a very good look at the traditional HDD drive, the Western Digital Velociraptor, it's totally in disarray from the SSD drives.
Let's fire up the second round of real-world performance tests:
- TEST5 - Home video editing with Windows Movie Maker can be very time-consuming unless you have a high performance HDD.
- TEST6 - Windows Media Center with a high performance HDD can handle simultaneous video recording, time-shifting, and streaming to an Extender for Windows Media Center, such as Xbox 360.
- TEST7 - Cataloguing your music library is a breeze for fast and powerful HDDs.
- TEST8 - Starting various applications can take a long time unless you have a high performance HDD.
I always mention this, just compare it a little to the Western Digital Velociraptor HDD to visualize and grasp the performance difference. We personally feel that out of all synthetic tests, this series of tests is the most representable for real-world performance on your computer.
The 840 Pro is just extremely impressive. This high score indicates that it can handle lots and lots of small files real fast.
In this article we test, benchmark and review the Samsung 840 Pro SSD. What a stunning piece of technology this is. An SSD that is extremely fast and actually amongst the handful of fastest storage units we have ever tested. Head on over into the review.
Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III review
We review the Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III, Under the motto 'three times is a charm' Samsung releases their Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone. The screen of the S3 is a McDonald's super sized 4.8" Big Mac that tops even the HTC Titan II, yes, the display screen is massive. Will this Ice Cream Sandwich powered device be all we want it to be?
Samsung Spinpoint HD203WI 2TB HDD review
We test the latest Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD203WI HDD. it comes with 2TB that's 2000 GB of storage and sells at an incredible 117 EUR these days. But does it perform at the very least reasonably ?