NZXT Phantom 820 review -
Meet da Phantom ...
Meet da Phantom 820 ...
So then, with a touch of innovation NZXT launches the Phantom 820 Full Tower. A PC chassis with space, good looks and great features.
This product goes by the name of Phantom, indicating something ghost like, that applies. The design is unusual, a little stealthy even. Something you'd not expect quickly from a chassis. Over the next few pages we'll look closely at the product with the help of a photo-shoot.
Internally there will be plenty of space for a good number of hard disks and/or solid state drives. Everything can be installed tool-less-ly.
Another feature that will strike you as familiar is of course the motherboard tray with a cut-out, intended to allow coolers with back plates to be easily mounted. Once you see that on the photos you'll also notice how much cable space there is behind the actual motherboard tray for cable routing. Many grommet holes cover everything up. Yeah, you can make a dandy nice and clean looking PC with the chassis alright.
The chassis measures a whopping 235mm (W) x 650mm (H) x 612mm (D) and weights 15kg (!), considering it is made of solid steel that makes sense. All that space allows for even the biggest motherboards to be installed, supported form factors are E-ATX, XL-ATX, ATX, MICRO-ATX, Mini-ITX.
On top of the chassis you'll notice a 4-channel digital fan controller, and some fans are pre equipped for you including one 140mm and three 200mm fans for the high airflow and low noise. Needless to say there's some bling going on with the help of little LED lights as well, not too much though but LED indicators get brighter on high fan speeds and dimmer for low settings.
Anyway, let's have a peek at some features courtesy of NZXT.
|MODEL||Phantom 820 Series|
|CASE TYPE||Full Tower Steel|
|FRONT PANEL MATERIAL||Plastic/Steel|
|DIMENSIONS (W x H x D)||235mm (W) x 650mm (H) x 612mm (D)|
|VGA Clearance Maximum
|COOLING SYSTEM||1x200mm@800rpm Front 1x200mm@800rpm Top 1x200mm@800rpm Side 1x140mm@1100rpm Rear Fan Blades white fin/black frame Fan Capacity Top: 2x 200mm/2x 140mm/3x 120mm Front: 1x 200mm Bottom: 2x 140mm/2x 120mm Rear: 1x 140mm/1x 120mm Side: 1x 200mm Pivot: 1x 140mm/1x 120mm Radiator Capacity Top: 2x 140mm/3x 120mm Rear: 1x 140mm/1x 120mm Bottom: 2x 140mm/2x 120mm Pivot: 1x 140mm/1x 120mm|
|DRIVE BAYS||4 EXTERNAL 5.25" DRIVE BAYS
6 INTERNAL 3.5" DRIVE BAYS
Screwless Rail Design
|MATERIAL(S)||Steel with white finish|
|MOTHERBOARD SUPPORT||E-ATX, XL-ATX, ATX, MICRO-ATX, Mini-ITX|
Cooling capacity will not be an issue any more. Up to nine fans and top 280/360mm & bottom 240/280mm radiators support ensures the largest cooling capacity never seen before. Remarkable asymmetrical design and HUE lighting make your Phantom 820 quite something special to look at. Cooling capacity and stylish design are not the end of the story. Rich I/O ports ensure easy and convenient communication between host PC and peripherals.
- Fully equipped with one 140mm and three 200mm fans for the high airflow and low noise
- Integrated HUE lighting for illuminating the exterior/interior of your enclosure with option to turn on/off and allow you to customize the colors at your heart’s content
- High-end water cooling solutions up to three fans for a push-pull configuration: 90mm of internal top space with top 280/360mm and bottom 240/280mm radiator support for unmatched liquid cooling
- State-of-the-art integrated 4 channel digital fan controller with 15 watts per channel and LED indicators that progressively gets brighter on high speeds and dimmer for low settings
- Easily removable filters located in the top, front, side, and bottom to prevent dust from entering your rig and simple maintenance
- Adjustable interior pivot 120/140mm fan slot for directional airflow
- Removable HDD cage and large storage capacity for 6 hard drives
- Dual USB 3.0, quad USB 2.0, microphone, and audio jack along with a SD media card reader for high-speed data transfer and quick access to multimedia
- Stylish acrylic window with a view to show off the interior of your rig
- Unrivalled Cooling Capacity to mount up to nine fans for a maximum airflow
- Rear I/O white light for visibility in dark environments with a toggle switch
- Extruded right side panel for an elegant look and achieves 36mm clearance for cable wire management
- Equipped with a stylish pedestal that lifts your enclosure off the ground for increased airflow.
The Phantom 820 is engineered to chill demanding systems, equipped with triple 200mm and a 140mm fans. Maximize the potential by mounting up to nine fans to achieve good airflow in your chassis. Push the envelope and utilize liquid cooling systems that feature a push-pull configuration with top 280/360mm and bottom 240/280mm radiators up to 60mm thickness for unmatched performance. In addition, a rugged base design lifts the enclosure above the ground for display and increased airflow.
The all stealthy looking NZXT Phantom 820
We review the NZXT Phantom 630 Full tower PC chassis. Definitely gorgeous in many ways as the design is prolonging in what we have seen in the past year or two when NZXT released their first phantom chassis.
NZXT Phantom 820 review
We test and review the NZXT Phantom 820. Absolutely stunning in many ways as the design is simply great, the features are grand and then the extras still need to kick in. What about a fan controller connected to a plethora of pre-equipped fans
NZXT Phantom review
We review the NZXT Phantom. Absolutely stunning in many ways as the design is simply great, the features are grand and then the extras still need to kick in. What about a 5-fold fan controller connected to a plethora of pre-equipped fans? Yep, a fan controller in the chassis, something we have been requesting for years. The NZXT Phantom is a full tower case with an excess of room for just about anything you'd like to install in there.