Join the Rig of the Month Competition -
Guru3D Rig of the Month Competition
What do you need to do ? Simply answer a few question. Which components are used, if there are any modifications or overclocks, which parts they like, which parts they don't; you get the idea. :-) Then we’ll do a little write-up about it and post it for the world to see along with a selection of visual references.
Why? ‘Cause we’re nosey bastards! Heh, nah, we are sure everyone who visits this site or a site like this has at least this one thing in common - the ability to appreciate some nice PC hardware. So what better way to get to know your fellow Guru’s pride and joy (or awkward failure) than to read about it and check out some pics.
It’s a great way to show off your months of over-time to purchase that shiny new high-end video card, or a nice way to show off that case-mod you just finished after many hours of hard work. Maybe you just want your system featured on one of the biggest hardware sites in the world - can't say I blame you. ;-)
Who knows, you might learn something. I'm sure we've all struggled with cable tidying before, and maybe a rig featured here will have awesomely tidy cables for which the author is willing to reveal their tips and tricks.
The Rig of the month is sponsored by OCZ Vector
Each Month One Winner walks away with a cool prize. Starting January 2013 the winner of the months Rig of the Month will receive an OCZ Vector 128GB SSD delivered for free at it's doorsteps as a nice incentive. Combining high-speed data transfer rates with record-breaking access times, OCZ Vecor SSDs are designed to provide a superior user experience and improved application performance. OCZ has developed this product with their all new Indilinx Barefoot 3 controller. The end result is an SSD that is extremely fast and amongst the fastest we have ever tested.
Would you like to learn more about the OCZ Vector SSD, you can read the Guru3D review right here.
Would you like a chance to get your rig posted ?
Here are the qualifications & requirements, here's what you need to do:
- What we’re looking for now is a rig which has something rather unique or special about it. We’re looking for something that looks cool as hell. You know, something that makes it stand out from the rest. We’re not looking any old rubbish anymore.
- Search for your digital camera and take a few high quality pictures of your interior/exterior/whole desk arrangement. Show us whatcha got! Email me the questions and the images as an attachment.
- When it’s finished you could be displayed on the site, with a news post on the front page to get it some attention as well.
In your email you need to answer these question. Please be precise and try to make a story out of your answers. Oneliners, Yes and no answers do not qualify at all.
To qualify please answer these questions, you need to submit by email along with at least 10 photo's covering the interior and exterior of your pc:
- What is your name / nickname /age / occupation
- What did you first come here for?
- What do you mainly use the system for?
- How much money did you spend on the rig as it is right now?
- How often do you update/buy a new rig?
- What components are used?
- Why do you prefer NVIDIA/Intel/AMD?
- Does your PC life up to you expectation ?
- What's the best part of your rig?
- Any dislikes, things you should not have bought?
- Did you modify anything ? cases/video cards/other? Did you do it yourself? Walk us through it.
- What is your 3DMark Vantage score and or 3DMark 11 score ?
- Do you have any Future updates planned ?
- Does your rig or mod have a name ?
Again, please include answers to the the questionnaire of your rig and at least four photos. Enjoy.
Click here to browse through all ROTM winners.
** by submitting this email, you give us permission to publish the photo's & content.
Welcome to Guru3D's Rig of the month We just adore hardware. And sometimes some you guys really make a PC that really stands out. We ask you to answer a few simple questions and send in photo's of y...