Inside the Gigabyte Nan-Ping Factory
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/10/2009 01:00 PM [ 0 comment(s) ]
And here's where this article ends. We do hope you enjoyed this insight into the Gigabyte Nan-Ping factory. It is fascinating to see what is involved in making hardware like videocards and motherboards. The sheer amount of technology needed and the number of people working on your 100 USD 9800 GT is a mesmerizing thing to see and observe.
Gigabyte is one of the very few manufacturers out here allowing and offering this opportunity. By opening up their doors they have made the fabrication process transparent and open. And in this conclusion I really want to applaud this company for doing that.
The tech industry is often really closed and for insiders only. Much respect to Gigabyte for organizing this tour. It certainly has helped our readers to understand a little better how these products are made. We were impressed by the sheer number of quality checks, and with our own eyes have been able to see how much quality means to a company like Gigabyte. Next to that, it was a pleasure to see how well Gigabyte's employees are dealt with.
That's it you guys, this was the last report from the Computex 2009 series of articles. Thanks go out to Gigabyte for this opportunity.
PS - If you like this article please digg it.
- Leave/read comment on this product
- Sign up to receive a notice when we publish a new article
- Or go back to Guru3D's front page
- Computex 2009 Landing page
- Computex 2009 Day 0 - before it all begins
- Computex 2009 Day 1 - Hello Nangang
- Computex 2009 Day 2 - Nangang resurrection
- Computex 2009 Day 3 - the Big One oh One
- Computex 2009 Day 4 - Wrapping Things Up
- Computex 2009 Day 5 - The Girls of Computex
- Computex 2009 Special - Gigabyte factory tour
In this unique article we'll follow the design stages of a motherboard and VGA card inside Gigabyte's Nan-Ping factory located close to Taipei. We had an all-access pass and a photo-camera to shoot what you always wanted to see... the creation of a motherboard and graphics card.