Guru3D Rig of the Month - July 2011
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 07/15/2011 01:00 PM [ 0 comment(s) ]
4. How much money did you spend on the rig as it is right now?
Got this question so many times. I didnt exactly write it down but here are some numbers:
- Hardware 5000 to 6000 EUR
- Watercooling parts 2000 to 3000 EUR
- material for d3sk 100 to 2000 EUR
A lot of stuff I bought and didnt fit in isnt counted in above. Also the sponsors helped a lot .
5. How often do you update/buy a new rig?
Actually I only bought only 2 completely new rigs in my entire life. I keep changing hardware constantly, for 15 years now. Yes Im a real hardware addict.
6. What components are used?
The hardware exists out of:
- Intel Core i7 980X @ 4.5 Ghz
- Corsair Dominator GT 6GB DDR3-2000 CL7 (Elpida) @ 2000 7-7-7-20-1T
- ASUS Rampage III Extreme
- 2 x ASUS GTX580
- ASUS Xense
- Sennheiser Xense
- Highpoint RocketRAID 3560 24x SATA-300 2 GB
- 1x Intel 510 120GB
- 3x Corsair F60 raid0
- 6x Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB raid5
- 2x Optiarc AD-7241S-0B
- 1x Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W
- 1x Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W
- 1x Dell U2711 27" IPS
- 2x Dell 1703 FPt 17" portrait
- 1 x EK Supreme HF Nickel CPU Block
- 2 x EK-FC580 GTX - Nickel
- 2 x EK-FC580 GTX Backplate - Nickel plated
- 1 x EK RAM Dominator Nickel
- 1 x EK-FB RE3 - Nickel
- 1 x EK-FB RE3 - TOP OP Acetal - Level 2
- 2 x Bitspower HDD Acetal Liquid Cooling Block - Silver
- 2 x Laing D5-MCP655
- 2 x Bitspower D5/MCP655 Mod Pump Top POM
- 2 x Bitspower Black Sparkle D5/MCP655 Mod Kit
- 1 x Aquacomputer Aquatube G1/4 brass
- 1 x Aquacomputer evo 1080
- 6 x Nanoxia DX Series 120MM DX12 - 1200RPM @ 5V
- 11 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120MM 1450RPM @ 12V
And a very very lot of Bitspower fittings, rotarys, SLI connectors etc.
The Guru3D Rig of the month September 2012 build comes from a Francis Vilaca. At 26 years of age he was able to build an amazing looking machine with the most wicked liquid cooling radiator you will have seen in a while.
Guru3D Rig of the Month - August 2012
This months build comes from a Mikkel Olsen. At 27 years of age Mikkel probably did not build the most beautiful game PC we have had submitted, but his room nearly is one huge PC, a freakish gaming please heaven for many of you. The guy has a lot going on in there as you are about to find out. Come to think of it, the guy should put up some Miami Vice signs in there to get that good old 80'ies feel to it :)
Guru3D Rig of the Month - July 2012
This months build comes from a guy with the nickname MybadOmen. To proof that PC enthusiasts can be found worldwide in all categories and ages we can proudly say that David Lane is a 40 year old guy. David has build an exemplary nice PC loaded with little things that trick the mind. Very little is not modified to be honest.
Guru3D Rig of the Month - June 2012
One person we have been following closely on his build-log is Eric Soeters from the Netherlands, and although his build still is not 100% finished, it's nearly there and just amazing. He has built the chassis from ground up including some very hard work. The end result is his new PC called the "Exo-S", we'll just leave the explanation and working to the man himself as the only thing that is left after you have seen this build is to clap your hands and yell bravo ...