Guru3D Rig of the Month - July 2011 -
4. How much money did you spend on the rig as it is right now?
Got this question so many times. I didnt exactly write it down but here are some numbers:
- Hardware 5000 to 6000 EUR
- Watercooling parts 2000 to 3000 EUR
- material for d3sk 100 to 2000 EUR
A lot of stuff I bought and didnt fit in isnt counted in above. Also the sponsors helped a lot .
5. How often do you update/buy a new rig?
Actually I only bought only 2 completely new rigs in my entire life. I keep changing hardware constantly, for 15 years now. Yes Im a real hardware addict.
6. What components are used?
The hardware exists out of:
- Intel Core i7 980X @ 4.5 Ghz
- Corsair Dominator GT 6GB DDR3-2000 CL7 (Elpida) @ 2000 7-7-7-20-1T
- ASUS Rampage III Extreme
- 2 x ASUS GTX580
- ASUS Xense
- Sennheiser Xense
- Highpoint RocketRAID 3560 24x SATA-300 2 GB
- 1x Intel 510 120GB
- 3x Corsair F60 raid0
- 6x Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB raid5
- 2x Optiarc AD-7241S-0B
- 1x Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W
- 1x Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W
- 1x Dell U2711 27" IPS
- 2x Dell 1703 FPt 17" portrait
- 1 x EK Supreme HF Nickel CPU Block
- 2 x EK-FC580 GTX - Nickel
- 2 x EK-FC580 GTX Backplate - Nickel plated
- 1 x EK RAM Dominator Nickel
- 1 x EK-FB RE3 - Nickel
- 1 x EK-FB RE3 - TOP OP Acetal - Level 2
- 2 x Bitspower HDD Acetal Liquid Cooling Block - Silver
- 2 x Laing D5-MCP655
- 2 x Bitspower D5/MCP655 Mod Pump Top POM
- 2 x Bitspower Black Sparkle D5/MCP655 Mod Kit
- 1 x Aquacomputer Aquatube G1/4 brass
- 1 x Aquacomputer evo 1080
- 6 x Nanoxia DX Series 120MM DX12 - 1200RPM @ 5V
- 11 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120MM 1450RPM @ 12V
And a very very lot of Bitspower fittings, rotarys, SLI connectors etc.
The Guru3D Rig of the Month November 2013 was made by Jacques de Winnaar and he has made something extraordinary, remarkable to look at really, A military style PC with everything modded. Personally...
Guru3D Rig of the Month - October 2013
The Guru3D Rig of the Month October 2013 was made by Matthew H.A colorful and very nicely liquid cooled PC that he is proud of shows exactly what Guru3D is all about. The rig has been named the 900D “Bucket List” Build, by 45 years old Matthew. He is a Director of Visual Merchandising. Have a look at the great build that he created with his rig, the 900D “Bucket List”.
Guru3D Rig of the Month - September 2013
The Guru3D Rig of the Month September 2013 comes with the name Iron Curtain. And it certainly is. The rig has been made by Saqib Mansoor who is a Blogger/Writer and Designer, at the age of 27 years. Have a look at the gorgeousness that he created with his rig, the Iron Curtain.
Guru3D Rig of the Month - August 2013
The Guru3D Rig of the Month August 2013 even has a name, Phenomenon. And it certainly is. The rig has been made by Hanshen who runs his own business in the mining industry, at the age of 24 years. Check out what a mining guys is capable of and see what he has collected, altered and modded, have a browse at his Phenomenon.