Guru3D Rig of the Month - April 2011 -
4. How much money did you spend on the rig as it is right now?
Honestly I lost count along time ago. However, I estimate the cost to build another one at 2400.00 for just the PC.
5. How often do you update/buy a new rig?
Computer modding is a continual process for me. I try to rule out unnecessary upgrades, but it is nice to upgrade every few years.
6. What components are used?
- AMD Phenom II X6 @ 4.25Ghz on all cores (1.5 volts)
- Danger Den TDX multicore waterblock
- GIGABYTE 890fxa-ud5 motherboard @ 250 FSB
- 8 GB of OCZ Platinum DDR3 CAS9 at 1600mhz
- Five Western Digital SATA3 1TB Black drives in RAID 0. FAST!!!!
- 20x dvd burner
- Zotac GeForce 465 with custom watercooled MCW60 swiftech GPU waterblock
- GIGABYTE black case with blue leds
- Corsair 850 watt power supply
- Swiftech reservoir for GPU loop
- Danger Den RAD reservoir for CPU loop
- Dual radiators on CPU loop. One is an old car part cube radiator. It may be a heater core from a semi :p The other is a Swiftech triple 120mm fan radiator.
- The CPU loop sports three Thermaltake P500 pumps to ensure that the whole system flows.
- The GPU loop only has one pump. It was an off brand from Microcenter works good though!
- The GPU radiator uses a car trans cooler or similar.
- UV dye for the pc coolant.
- MCW60 GPU block
- MCW30 chipset block
- Many feet of ½ inch tubing and clamps
- Multiple 120 and 140mm fans
- Super glue
The Guru3D Rig of the Month November 2013 was made by Jacques de Winnaar and he has made something extraordinary, remarkable to look at really, A military style PC with everything modded. Personally...
Guru3D Rig of the Month - October 2013
The Guru3D Rig of the Month October 2013 was made by Matthew H.A colorful and very nicely liquid cooled PC that he is proud of shows exactly what Guru3D is all about. The rig has been named the 900D “Bucket List” Build, by 45 years old Matthew. He is a Director of Visual Merchandising. Have a look at the great build that he created with his rig, the 900D “Bucket List”.
Guru3D Rig of the Month - September 2013
The Guru3D Rig of the Month September 2013 comes with the name Iron Curtain. And it certainly is. The rig has been made by Saqib Mansoor who is a Blogger/Writer and Designer, at the age of 27 years. Have a look at the gorgeousness that he created with his rig, the Iron Curtain.
Guru3D Rig of the Month - August 2013
The Guru3D Rig of the Month August 2013 even has a name, Phenomenon. And it certainly is. The rig has been made by Hanshen who runs his own business in the mining industry, at the age of 24 years. Check out what a mining guys is capable of and see what he has collected, altered and modded, have a browse at his Phenomenon.