Guru3D Christmas Contest 2012
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 12/25/2012 10:02 AM [ 34 comment(s) ]
Guru3D Christmas Competition
It's Christmas day and that means we get ready to start startup our contests here at Guru3D.com
Yes it's time for the traditional logo hunt ! To keep things cool we teamed up with Gigabyte, Corsair, Enermax, Lepa and G.Skill as we'll be handing some of the latest and greatest hardware we know you guys love so much ! The competition is worldwide, meaning that anybody from whatever part of the world can join.
We actually will have two competitions, the logo hunt (six prizes) and a Facebook like contest (two prizes), but this is what we'll give away this year:
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti with 3GB (GV-N66TOC-3GD)
- Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard
- Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling system
- Corsair H100i Liquid Cooling system
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset
- 32 GB (4x8GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3 1600
- LEPA G650 Power Supply (Facebook contest)
- Enermax MaxRevo 1200W Power supply (Facebook contest)
Let me show you the prize package:
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti with 3GB
Gigabyte Technology will give away a GeForce GTX 660 Ti with 3GBof graphics memory. This factory-overclocked GeForce GTX 660 Ti with 3 GB of graphics memory is armed with Gigabyte's Ultra Durable VGA design and the all too familiar WINDFORCE cooler. The card has a 192-bit memory bus and comes with a GPU clock and Boost clocks of 1032/1111 MHz (915/980 MHz stock), a memory clock of 6008 MHz, SLI support, plus dual-DVI, (gold-plated) HDMI and DisplayPort outputs.
Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard
Gigabyte will also give away an Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, The blue Platinum group metal "Osmium" is the heaviest element at normal conditions. It's hard, rare and noble nature represents ultra durability and luxury of Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.It not only features Cherry Red mechanical key-switches, but is also exclusive built with an USB 3.0 hub. Aivia Osmium is utilizing the revolutionary anti-ghosting matrix key-switch design, and innovatively features dynamic volume and backlit wheel controllers. Read the Guru3D review right here.
32 GB (4x8GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3 1600
We have a very cool memory kit from G.Skill available, it is a 32 GB (!) kit consisting out of four DIMMs. This is 1600 Mhz memory, that is bound to give you a nice memory bandwith. This kit is optimized for Sandy Bridge based systems and comes with a pre-definined Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) and a lifetime warranty.
Corsair H60 and H100i Liquid Cooling system
You'll receive some love from Corsair as they have submitted two Liquid Coolling kits. A from the ground-up a re-design of the older series Hydro coolers has recently been updated, with larger diameter tubes and more efficient copper cold plates -- yes the H100i and H60 All-in One Liquid Coolers from Corsair has been released. These two units have been extensively covered in reviews here at Guru3D.com
We have one of each kit available and that h100i is af course the shiznit !
Corsair Vengeance 1500 Gaming Headset
To close this particular contest Corsair submitted another prize, it's there ever so sweet Corsair Vengeance 1500 Gaming Headset. The Vengeance 1500 is the top of the Corsair headset line, supplanting the HS1 of a few short years ago. Like the HS1, the Vengeance 1500 is a USB powered surround-sound monster headset with hefty 50mm drivers and revised USB drivers that now include Dolby 7.1 surround, and capable of 24-bit/96 KHz playback. The behind-the-ear Vengeance 1100 are a smaller hybrid USB/analog headset, with mere 40mm drivers, offering 16-bit/48 KHz playback in stereo. Check out BRann's review of this headset right here.
Join the contest - what do you need to do ?
Well yeah .. you do need to do something. Somewhere in our last 20 articles published here on Guru3D.com we have hidden a logo slash photo that you can see below. Somewhere in one of these articles this very same logo is located.
We want to know what article and page number that has this above photo embedded in it. Now to help you out we have made a selection of article for you, in on of the following articles the above logo can be found:
- Sparkle GeForce GTX 650 Ti review
- Gigabyte Force M7 THOR game mouse review
- Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 review
- Samsung 840 Pro SSD review
- PC Buyers Guide Winter 2012
- Corsair H60 2013 edition review
- Far Cry 3 VGA Graphics Benchmark performance test
- NZXT Phantom 820 review
- OCZ Vector SSD review
- Plextor M5 Pro SSD review
- Corsair H100i review
- Hitman Absolution VGA Graphics performance review
- Corsair Carbide 200R review
- Zalman CNPS 9900 DF review
- Call Of Duty Black Ops II VGA Graphics performance review
- ECS A85F2-A Golden motherboard review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II TOP review
- Corsair AX860i PSU review
- ADATA DashDrive Elite HE720 review
- Medal of Honor Warfighter VGA Graphics performance
How does it work ?
That's simple, your submit an email. Mind you that we do not collect your email address or any info provided. There will be no marketing purposes for your email address or anything, after the contest all competition entries will simply be deleted again.
- In the email you must provide article name where you found the logo
- In the email please provide us your full name, address, country and telephone number (required for shipping)
Email your answer towards : email@example.com
ANNOUNCEMENT: Contest is closed and winners are announced here.
Guru3D will collect all submitted results. Say we have 2000 proper results then we select these and sort them in chronological order. Then we draw a random number between 1 and 2000. That number will correspond with the email sorted chronological.
The winners will get the product(s) shipped to you for free worldwide.
- All entries must be in by December 31th, 2012
- Your email address will be used solely for this contest. After the contest closes all email addresses and information will be deleted.
- You must insert the answer, your full name + address + country + phone number in the email.
- One entry per person is allowed, we will cross-match IPs. Doubly entries will be disqualified.
- There will be no dialog about this contest possible before and after closure.
- We'll announce the winners in week 1 of 2013 on our frontpage.
The winners will be announced on the Guru3D.com FrontPage the after the contest closes - again - first week of January 2012. Our thanks go out to Gigabye, Corsair, Enermax, Lepa and G.Skill for their support in hardware for this contest.
It's Christmas 2012 and that traditionally means we start-up contests here at Guru3D.com, join us in a quest to win one of the many prizes sponsored by Corsair, G.Skill, Enermax, Lepa and Gigabyte. We have some great stuff for you to win !
Guru3D Christmas Contest 2011
It's Christmas 2011 and that traditionally means we startup a little contest here at Guru3D.com
Guru3D Christmas Contest - Keep Christmas Cool
Competition time ! It's time for the traditional logo hunt. To keep things cool we teamed up with Noctua and Coolink as we'll be handing out no less than twelve kits including some of the most sexy CPU and VGA coolers we know you guys love so much !