ECS Z87H3-A2X motherboard review -
ECS Intel 8 Series Platform - the Z87H3-A2X review
Today we review, test and benchmark the ECS Z87H3-A2X series motherboard. As always ECS is offering a more affordable product, though this motherboard is priced at 239 USD. The Z87H3-A2X Extreme is part of the Gank series of L337 motherboards, the Z87H3-A2X. The Gank Machine motherboards are designed for the more enthustast gamers and offer a nice feature set. The Z87H3-A2X is obviously based on the Intel Z87 Express Chipset supports the latest Intel 4th Generation Intel Core CPUs (Haswell) up to 200W TDP.
Some of its features:
- 2-WAY SLI,3-WAY CFX multi-graphics solution
- 12 Phase Power Design
- Up to 200W Thermal Design Power support
- Applied 100% Solid capacitor design to maximize component reliability
- ECS Durathon Technology ensure the stability, reliability and performance of system.
- SD Protection prevent computers from electrostatic discharge damage to enhance its durability and lifespan
- 15µ Gold Contact (3 times extra protection) ensures motherboards longest lifespan, better reliability and excellent contact.
- Supports ECS EZ BIOS for tweaking BIOS in graphical user interface within a multi language environment
- ECS MIB X - A friendly interface for overclocking, expecially for gamer
- Supports Bluetooth allows electronic devices to communicate wirelessly
- Supports Wireless LAN allows electronic devices to communicate wirelessly
- Dual Gigabit LAN for a flexible network solution
- Intel VRD 12.5 Ready
- Supports DirectX® 11.1 to enhance graphical performance
- ECS Intelligent EZ Utility : eBLU, eDLU, eOC, eSF
The motherboard comes with four DDR3 memory slots and eats many graphics cards for breakfast. You'll spot three PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots for multi-GPU graphics configurations (NVIDIA SLI / AMD CrossFireX). But there is so much more going on with the motherboard as there are 7 SATA 6Gbps ports (and two esATA) and a multiple USB 3.0 headers. ECS also includes 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, an HDMI and Display Port output, USB 3.0, 8-channel HD audio, and also a mPCI based mSATA combo card. The Z87H3-A2X Extreme utilizes the Qooltech V technology with an active fan sink, a U-shape heat pipe and (grab a hold of something) thermo chromatic technology to provide improved airflow (wow!), heat dissipation and visual heat indicator for the chipset and MOSFET.
Nice to see and added benefit is that the audio solution is powered by Creative Labs Sound core 3D technology that will offer crystal clear sound quality. For networking the Z87H3-A2X utilizes not one, but two Gigabit lan connections and onboard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for your wireless needs. Along with 7 SATA 6.0Gbp/s ports this motherboard also features 2 eSATA ports for storage. Have a peek at this very decent looking motherboard -- an all new design for ECS again, and then let's fire up this review.
In this review we look at the ECS Z87H3-A2X motherboard. The Z87H3-A2X Extreme is part of the Gank series of L337 motherboards, the Z87H3-A2X. The Gank Machine motherboards are designed for the more enthusiast gamers and offer a nice feature set. The Z87H3-A2X is obviously based on the Intel Z87 Express Chipset supports the latest Intel 4th Generation Intel Core CPUs (Haswell) up to 200W TDP.