Corsair Vengeance K90 review -
So then, announced back in September 2011 the Corsair Vengeance K90 keyboard for RTS gamers has now finally become available. In fact it has been in the stores for well over a month now.
For roughly 105 EUR this peripheral has a lot to offer for the true FPS fan. The K90 keyboard is advanced with Cherry MX Red interchangeable keys for rapid fire, 20-key rollover, windows key lock, a contoured left-wrist rest as well as support for a 1ms report rate and more.
- Light, responsive Cherry MX Red mechanical switches for fast, efficient gaming action
- 45g actuation force
- 2mm to actuation and 4mm to bottom
- Rated for 50 million operations
- Gold contacts
- Tuned silicon dome keyswitches: F1 through F12, Esc, PrtScn, Scroll Lock, Pause/Break, Insert, Home, Page Up Page Down, Delete, and End
- Three banks of eighteen G Macro Keys with Macro Record and Bank Select hot keys
- 36Kb of onboard memory for storing up to three sets of eighteen G keys for gaming on the go
- On-the-fly, macro recording
- Laser-etched, backlit keys with four illumination levels (off, 66%, 75%, and full illumination) selectable from the keyboard
- Six multimedia keys Stop, Previous, Play/Pause, Next, Mute, Volume Up/Down with Solid metal, weighted volume drum roller
- Windows Lock key for uninterrupted game play
- Metal top plate for increased strength, durability and rigidity
- USB pass-through connector giving easy access to a USB port on the back of the keyboard (USB 2.0/1.1/1.0)
- USB Connector with gold plated contacts
- 2m non-tangle cable Adjustable feet tilt for optimum personalization and positionin
- Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard
- Detachable soft wrist rest
- Warranty card
- PC with USB port
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Windows XP
Features (courtesy of Corsair)
Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches
Cherry MX Red key switches are the best of the best they provide the sensitivity and low operating force that professional gamers love. Reaction times are ulra-fast and responsive for quicker double and triple taps. The action is predictable and linear unlike lesser gaming keyboards that have a tactile bump or the annoying click of a typists keyboard.
18 dedicated, customizable G-Keys
Easily access to your most frequently used macros, presets and key combinations even during the most intense action. You can record up to 54 programmable functions accessible from three separate banks, ideal for grouping macros by function, or access. Macros can be created on-the-fly, customized, and activated with a single keystroke.
Full key matrix anti-ghosting
Our expertly designed anti-ghosting technology provides flawless control even when you're pressing multiple keys at once. The K90 has individual switches with dedicated diodes for each switch so every key press results in an input and is 100% ghost free without tradeoff or compromise.
20-key rollover (20KRO) on USB
Typical USB gaming keyboards are limited to the USB standard six-key rollover. The K90 features increased performance with a 20-key rollover implementation on USB at a blazing fast 1ms (1000 reports per second) reporting rate.
Professional grade brushed aluminum chassis with laser etched, backlit keys
The rugged aluminum chassis provides increased durability and stability compared those that are primarily plastic. The stiff suspension chassis and the laser etched keys are made for durability so they won't degrade over time. And the K90 has over 90 LEDs that provide outstanding illumination even in dim light.
The Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard allows you to select from four levels of backlight intensity.
Vengeance Gaming Keyboard Software
Create up to 50 profiles and share, import and export macros with the Vengeance keyboard gaming software. It's a free download at corsair.com.
On-board memory lets you take it with you
36Kb of memory built into the K90 lets you take your customizations and profiles with you and use them on any system.
Easy access multimedia controls
Control all of your music with the easy access media controls.
A USB port on the back of the Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard makes connecting your mouse or other USB devices a simple task.
Soft-touch wrist rest
The soft-touch wrist rest helps you play for hours without fatigue.
We review the Corsair Vengeance K95 mechanical keyboard with cherry red switches. The K95 is the flagship successor in the popular Vengeance keyboard series and while it uses the same basis and conc...
Corsair Carbide 330R review
We review and test the Corsair Carbide 330R, also known as hero. The new model is aimed at a more audiophile tense segment as it has sound dampening materials all over the place.
Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD Review
Corsair has released the Force LS series SSD, and we review it. This is the arrival of the new 19nm Toggle NAND based LS series for consumers is aimed to be a more affordable product series within Corsair's extensive SSD range. And though not the fastest kid on the block it definitely knows how to impress. Let's check out the review.
Corsair Obsidian 750D review
We test and review the all new Corsair Obsidian 750D chassis. The chassis is of course based of its bigger brother the 900D which was recently released and embraced by the PC enthusiast community.