Corsair vengeance K60 review -
So then, announced back in September the Corsair Vengeance K60 keyboard for FPS gamers has now finally become available. In fact it has been in the stores for well over a month now.
For roughly 90 EUR this peripheral has a lot to offer for the true FPS fan. The K60 keyboard is advanced with Cherry MX Red interchangeable keys for rapid fire, 20-key rollover, windows key lock, a contoured left-wrist rest as well as support for a 1ms report rate and more.
- Light, responsive Cherry MX Red mechanical switches for fast, efficient gaming action
- 45g actuation Force
- 2mm to actuation and 4mm to bottom
- Rated for 50 million operations
- Gold contacts
- Tuned silicon dome keys witches: F1 through F12, Esc, PrtScn, Scroll Lock, Pause/Break, Insert, Home, Page Up Page Down, Delete, and End
- Ten (10) additional sculpted FPS keys (W, A, S, D and 1 to 6) for superior reaction and control interchangeable with the standard keyboard keys, gaming palm rest with soft-touch surface for superior gaming comfort
- Storage for ten (10) sculpted FPS keys
- Key extraction tool included and storable in palm rest
- Six multimedia keys Stop, Previous, Play/Pause, Next, Mute, Volume Up/Down with Solid metal, weighted volume "drum roller"
- Windows Lock key for uninterrupted game play
- Metal top plate for increased strength, durability and rigidity
- USB pass-through connector giving easy access to a USB port on the back of the keyboard (USB 2.0/1.1/1.0)
- USB Connector with gold plated contacts
- 2m non-tangle cable
- Vengeance K60 gaming keyboard
- Detachable wrist rest (with textured, contoured WASD and #1-6 keys)
- Warranty card
- PC with USB port
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Windows XP
Features (courtesy of Corsair)
Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches
Cherry MX Red key switches are the best of the best they provide the sensitivity and low operating force that professional gamers love. Reaction times are ultra-fast and responsive for quicker double and triple taps. The action is predictable and linear unlike lesser gaming keyboards that have a tactile bump or the annoying click of a typists keyboard.
Contoured, textured WASD and 1-6 Keycaps
The Vengeance K60 is designed to give you complete control even during the most intense action. The contoured, textured WASD and #1-6 keys are soft to the touch and without slip so you can focus on the game without needing to look down to find the right controls. An extra set of standard typing keycaps and a keycap replacement tool are provided for general typing.
Full key matrix anti-ghosting
Our expertly designed anti-ghosting technology provides flawless control even when you're pressing multiple keys at once. The K60 has individual switches with dedicated diodes for each switch so every key press results in an input and is 100% ghost free without tradeoff or compromise.
20-key rollover (20KRO) on USB
Typical USB gaming keyboards are limited to the USB standard six-key rollover. The K60 features increased performance with a 20-key rollover implementation on USB at a fast 1ms (1000 reports per second) reporting rate.
Professional-grade brushed aluminum chassis with laser etched keys
The comfortable yet rugged design is ideal for single player or LAN party gaming and provides increased durability and stability when compared to those that are primarily plastic. The stiff suspension chassis and the laser etched keys are made for durability so they wont degrade over time.
The K60's Cherry MX Red key switches provide the sensitivity and low operating force that professional gamers love.
Ergonomic wrist rest
The ergonomic soft-touch wrist rest helps you play for hours without fatigue. It even doubles as a safe and secure holder for the included spare set of WASD and #1-6 keycaps.
Easy access multimedia controls
Control all of your music with the easy access media controls.
A USB port on the back of the Vengeance K60 gaming keyboard makes connecting your mouse or other USB devices a simple task.
The keyboard is covered by a two year warranty, for which you need to contact Corsair themselves by the way. But let's have a peek at the product, next page please.
We review the Corsair Vengeance K95 mechanical keyboard with cherry red switches. The K95 is the flagship successor in the popular Vengeance keyboard series and while it uses the same basis and conc...
Corsair Carbide 330R review
We review and test the Corsair Carbide 330R, also known as hero. The new model is aimed at a more audiophile tense segment as it has sound dampening materials all over the place.
Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD Review
Corsair has released the Force LS series SSD, and we review it. This is the arrival of the new 19nm Toggle NAND based LS series for consumers is aimed to be a more affordable product series within Corsair's extensive SSD range. And though not the fastest kid on the block it definitely knows how to impress. Let's check out the review.
Corsair Obsidian 750D review
We test and review the all new Corsair Obsidian 750D chassis. The chassis is of course based of its bigger brother the 900D which was recently released and embraced by the PC enthusiast community.