Guru3D Christmas Contest 2011
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 12/24/2011 02:00 PM [ 0 comment(s) ]
It's Christmas day and that traditionally means we startup a little contest here at Guru3D.com
Guru3D Christmas Competition
Yes it's time for the traditional logo hunt ! To keep things cool we teamed up with MSI and G.Skill as we'll be handing some of the latest and greatest hardware we know you guys love so much ! The competition is worldwise, meaning that anybody from whatever part of the world can join.
This year we give away two prizes, let me show you the prize package:
MSI Z68A GD80 G3 PCIe Gen 3.0 motherboard
The MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) motherboard itself then, yeah it is impressive alright. However thee conclusion is going to be 99.98% similar to the B3 version.
Compared to the B3 model the G3 model has two primary changes, the first being a new revision click BIOS. It looks a lot better then the previous model. The second change is obviously the PCIe gen 3 implementation. MSI takes that Z68 chipset and then adds, adds, and adds. The end result is a motherboard with superb overclockability, great baseline performance and an EFI based BIOS implementation called ClickBIOS that admittedly has improved quite a bit over the initial release we tested.
This board is loaded with features including two additional Marvel SATA 6G ports (one used for eSATA though), USB 3.0, the board features four DIMM sockets supporting up-to 32GB at 2133 MHz, it has two PCI Express x1 slots, two legacy PCI slots, as well as three PCI Express mechanical x16 slots.
Second Prize:G.Skill RipJawsX 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3-2133 memory
We have a very cool memory kit from S.Skill available, it is a 16GB kit consisting out of four DIMMs. Very cool however is that that this is 2133 Mhz (Cas9) memory, that is bound to give you a nice memory bandwith. This kit is optimized for Sandy Brudge based systems and comes with a pre-definined Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) and a lifetime warranty.
What do you need to do ?
Well yeah .. you do need to do something. Somewhere in our last 25 articles published here on Guru3D.com we have hidden a photo that you can see below. Somewhere in one of these articles this very same logo is located.
We want to know what article and page number that has this above photo embedded in it.
Hint - It's hidden in one of these articles:
- Radeon HD 7970 Overclock Guide
- Radeon HD 7970 CPU scaling performance review
- AMD Radeon HD 7970 review
- Crucial M4 128GB SSD review
- PC Power & Cooling Mk III 600W PSU review
- Patriot Pyro SE 240GB SSD review
- PC Buyers Guide Winter 2011
- KFA2 GeForce GTX 570 MDT X4 review
- Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD review
- Gigabyte X79 UD7 review
- OCZ Octane 512GB SSD review
- ADATA N005 Pro USB flash drive review
- Seasonic 1000W Platinum power supply review
- GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 core review
- MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 core OC Power review
- Guru3D Rig of the Month - November 2011
- ECS X79R-AX Extreme review
- AC Ryan Veolo Review
- OCZ Synapse Cache SSD review
- ASUS TUF Sabertooth X79 review
- Core i7 3960X processor & MSI X79A-GD65 review
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme review
- Cooler Master Silencio 550 review
- Sitecom Media Player 2TB MD-272 review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2Win review
How does it work ?
Simple, submit an email. Mind you that we do not collect your email address or the info provided. There will be no marketing purposes, after the contest all entries will simply be deleted again.
- In the email please provide article name where you found the logo
- In the email please provide us your full name, address, country and telephone number (required for shipping)
Send your entry/answer towards CONTEST CLOSED
Guru3D will collect all submitted results. Say we have 2000 proper results then we select these and sort them in chronological order. Then we draw a random number between 1 and 2000. That number will correspond with the email sorted chronological.
The winners will get the product(s) shipped to you for free worldwide.
- All entries must be in by December 31th, 2011
- Your email address will be used solely for this contest. After the contest closes all email addresses and information will be deleted.
- You must insert the answer, your full name + address + country + phone number in the email.
- One entry per person is allowed, we will cross-match IPs. Doubly entries will be disqualified.
- There will be no dialog about this contest possible before and after closure.
The winners will be announced on the Guru3D.com FrontPage the after the contest closes - first week of January 2012. Our thanks go out to MSI and G.Skill for their support in hardware for this contest.
It's Christmas 2012 and that traditionally means we start-up contests here at Guru3D.com, join us in a quest to win one of the many prizes sponsored by Corsair, G.Skill, Enermax, Lepa and Gigabyte. We have some great stuff for you to win !
Guru3D Christmas Contest 2011
It's Christmas 2011 and that traditionally means we startup a little contest here at Guru3D.com
Guru3D Christmas Contest - Keep Christmas Cool
Competition time ! It's time for the traditional logo hunt. To keep things cool we teamed up with Noctua and Coolink as we'll be handing out no less than twelve kits including some of the most sexy CPU and VGA coolers we know you guys love so much !