ForceWare 71.20 Performance Comparison
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 12/13/2004 08:00 AM [ 0 comment(s) ]
3DMark 2005 Business Edition
3DMark05 is concentrated on measuring the performance of the DirectX 9 generation of 3D hardware using the technology of next generation games. Earlier 3DMark versions have usually been launched with the introduction of a new Microsoft DirectX version and with the introduction of a new hardware generation. This has somewhat limited how much 3DMark has utilized the new hardware features. At the time of this writing, DirectX 9 was introduced close to two years ago, and there is now DX9 generation hardware available all the way from the very high end to value and mobile parts. 3DMark05 can thereby utilize the features of DirectX 9 100%. In fact, DirectX 9 hardware is required for every game test of 3DMark05, resulting in the ultimate tool for DirectX 9 hardware performance comparison.
- Three new game tests, all requiring DirectX 9 hardware support.
- Feature tests focusing on key characteristics of graphics performance.
- The 3DMark05 demo the ultimate display of real-time 3D graphics featuring an original sound track.
- Multiprocessor CPU test. A CPU-intensive run of two game tests, adding CPU loads typical for 3D games and tuned for multiprocessor systems.
- A wide range of benchmark settings and professional tools for image quality inspection, texture filtering quality testing, automated batch runs and a lot more.
- 3 Game tests, using DirectX 9 features extensively.
- A multiprocessor CPU test focusing on CPU intensive tasks in 3D games.
- An exciting and awe-inspiring 3DMark demo, pushing your system to its limits.
- System Info utility, which provides an in-depth analysis of the status and features of the components in your PC.
- Access to the Online Result Browser for global comparison of PC performance.
- Full control over the benchmark display configuration, including resolution, colour palette, anti-aliasing and texture filtering.
- Feature tests measuring shader performance, and other essential graphics performance features.
- Professional tools, including image quality analysis and graph creation of runtime statistics.
- Result import to MS Excel tool for easier result management and report creation.
- Access to the Pro-Online Result Browser, a must have for all professional system testers and enthusiast overclockers.
At the time 3DMark05 got release you'll see that performance got boosted likely due to optimizations. These optimizations were to be found legit by FutureMark and started at series 66.29 and upwards. Again we notice that 66.81 works out quite well, but the 71.20 drivers are absolutely leading.
in this article we compare the newer ForceWare 71.20 driver towards older builds with the help of software like Doom3, 3DMark05, Half-life 2, Splinter Cell, Halo and many more.
ForceWare series 6 Driver Performance Comparison
It's been a while since we've handled a an extensive overview of the performance of ForceWare drivers and I had some time to kill last weekend and thus decided to a little ForceWare performance comparison..